Last updated on June 14th, 2021 at 01:53 pm
The 5 Chip Tuning Box companies on this page make plug and play tuning boxes for petrol and diesel engines. These chip tuning boxes do not alter the factory ECU code so are not detectable by a main dealer if they are removed before going for service.
Before buying a tuning box…
Before making the decision to buy a tuning box, check the section at the bottom of this page
Chip tuning boxes use a wiring loom that splices in between the connector and the sensors on your engine. The companies on this page supply their boxes with the required cable making installation super fast and easy.
You simply unplug the connector on the car, plug it into the connector supplied with the tuning box and plug the other end of the cable into the original location on the car. Click here for an example video
Installation on most cars should take less than 15 minutes.
Chip Tuning Box Manufacturers (In no particular order).
1. Swiss Chip Tech. Based in Germany on the Swiss-German border Swiss Chip Tech offer a massive range of products from petrol and diesel cars. Boxes are metallic and are not adjustable. Swiss Chip Tech recommend using their turbo petrol chip tuning boxes with 97RON fuel or higher for the best results.
The Swiss Chip Tech website does not contain prices, you should contact them to find your nearest dealer.
2. MaxChip. German based manufacturer of Chip Tuning Boxes. Two main types of box, the “MaxChip” and the “ProDuel”. The ProDuel chip tuning box is more expensive and offer bigger horsepower increases
The MaxChip website contains dealer information and pricing
3. DTE Systems. German based manufacturer of chip tuning boxes. Product appears to be at the higher end of the price range. DTE have chip tuning boxes for turbo petrol and turbo diesel engines. Online ordering facility on their website
Buy DTE Products on ebay
4. DTUK. UK based company. Started in the turbo diesel tuning sector but now have products from most modern turbo petrol cars. Huge range of products on their site, maybe a bit confusing!
5. RaceChip. German manufacturer of performance tuning boxes for turbo petrol and turbo diesel cars. Boxes are adjustable and site has a huge range of products and it is laid out it a very straight forward way.
Buy RaceChip products on ebay
Wait! Before you buy a tuning box
Darkside Developments have done a video on tuning boxes (below).
In our experience of tuning boxes their video is fair. We have always said that companies in the tuning box industry are under massive pressure to give a “power increase” number more than anyone else…
Because so many people base their choice of tuning box on this “number”. Our advice has always been to treat power increase numbers with a pinch of salt, unless these numbers have been independently verified (eg DTE have their products tested by TUV Austria)
The best way, in our opinion, to choose a tuning box is either look for an independently tested product with TUV approval or check forums and see what people with the same car as you think of the tuning box or boxes you are looking at.
With that massive proviso out of the way, here is the Darkside Development video.
If after watching the video you think a tuning box is still the best solution for you eg your car is a lease or your car is still under the factory warranty, you can buy many of these tuning box brands on ebay (Links below)
ebay have literally thousands of listings from most if not all of the major manufacturers of tuning boxes in Europe and the rest of the world
Click on the links below and enter your car model to the search box on ebay to find the tuning boxes for your car.